• Who is your main inspiration in the hip hop game?
• What is the good and the bad thing about Hip hop in your hood according to your experiences?
The good thing is that My hood does listen to My music and a bad thing is that it's a Village so opportunities become slim musically specially without proper resources
• What role has your Academics (Media Studies) played in your Music Journey
Media studies Played a huge role, it actually made Me have a clue on how to market and promote My music, especially digital media promotions
• What makes a good Tsonga Rapper in your opinion?
Pen game, your writing skills, rhymes and word play. Also being able to jump and blend on every type of a hip-hop beat given to you. Diversity is everything, never dwell on the same sound you need to evolve on every next song you releasing
• What one great highlight can you share with us on your stage performance history?
30 November 2019, “Flight To Nhlamulo EP” launch @ The Rest lodge, this was the first gig ever to host, all thanks to the Shalati Production team the event was a success the night was historical and the stage felt like everything I've ever needed at that very moment
• How is the response from your family and friends towards your music journey?
My family supports my dream, they know what's up and they there for me.
I don't have a lot of friends but the ones I'm with go hard for my music, they there
• What do you Write about on most of the songs that you write?
I write about real life events, it can be what I go through or what someone else could be going through or what's happening to the world as a whole, it’s easy to relate to my music, my concepts are mostly; love, pain, hope and happiness
• What is this one song that made a lot of people love you or that made a lot of people know that there is “MadBlaq”?
It has to be my first solo single ever "Ntsan'wisi" which dropped July 2017, that song changed everything, on God
• MadBlaq… what is the story behind this stage name?
I was still in highschool that name just came to my mind, it was just a thought and I loved it
• Would you consider yourself a King of Tsonga Rap or there’s others that you feel are Kings?
I figured out we all Kings and Queens in our own castles hence we don't sound the same, your sound is your castle, I'm no king of Tsonga rap but i am definitely KING of that MADBLAQ sound
• Shout Outs
Shout out to my Late brother for believing in me so much, he bought my first mic, second mic and audio interface and everything was history, love you Bro ❤️
Shout out to my family, these people are everything to me
Shout to my team Shalati Production
Shout to my fans, you guys are always holding me down, I appreciate y'all so much
• Follow Madblaq On:
Facebook - MadblaQ
Twitter - @Madblaq_Rgn
Instagram - @madblaq_rgn